Here we are at the beginning of another new year! Now what?
This is your time to slow down and plan.
Ask yourself some hard questions…
- How are you going to engage your guests this year?
- How are you going to compete?
- How are you going to inspire your team and coworkers?
Start by looking at your business with fresh eyes. Then, look at your competitors…and I mean your real competitors: the beauty super stores, the online beauty vendors and the Sephoras. Look at what these competitors are doing well—what makes them successful—and then learn from them and do it better!
Here are some of the elements that make for strong retailers:
- Variety: they always have what you want
- Full shelves: they’re never sold out of your favorite product
- Great seasonal features: they keep you in the loop with what’s new
- Enthusiasm: their staff is excited to share and educate
- Experience: they are always offering you something to sample or try
- Guilt-free: they love to sell and make their guests happy
Take some time this month to visit your competitors with some of your team members. Discuss what you liked about the experience at each shop and create a plan for how you can incorporate these ideas into your salon.
Make 2017 the year you turn your frustrations into actions!