With so much focus on social media these days, a lot of salons seem to be forgetting about one crucial thing: their website!
Did you know that 95% of consumers search for local businesses online?
The first thing they’ll click on after Googling you is your website. Not every customer uses social media. Many will look to your website first (or only) to find out about your salon and the services you provide.
Your website is the online face of your salon brand. What is it saying to your current and future clients? Does it reflect what they will experience in the salon? This may be your first and only opportunity to make an impression on your target demographic.
It’s possible that your site contains outdated information, such as pricing or imagery. You wouldn’t use expired product in the salon, so why have expired content on your website?
Stop putting it off! Set aside time to update your website regularly—it’s actually much easier than you may think. Use these questions as a starting point:
- Does it have the same “vibe” as the salon itself (logo, colors, etc.)?
- Does the landing page feature beautiful imagery that reflects your expertise?
- Are all service, pricing and promotional details up-to-date?
- Are there professional images of looks created by the salon’s stylists?
- Are you promoting retail products with current logos and imagery?
- Is all contact and booking information accurate?
These may seem like no-brainers, but you would be surprised to see how many salon websites have not been updated for months—or even years! The more relevant and creative content you put out there, the higher your chances of engaging your target demographic and attracting new clients.