Expert's Corner

5 Ways to Get Your Salon Wedding-Ready

April 24, 2018

Did you know that in 2017, the average wedding party spent $966 on hair and makeup services (The Knot Real Weddings Study)? If you did one wedding per week, that would make for an annual income of over $50,000! Want a piece of that pie? Here’s how:

Wedding Web Page

Add a dedicated page to your website just for weddings. This will this help with your Google search rankings when someone searches for local wedding hair services. It will also show brides-to-be that you are a wedding specialist and make it easier for them to find exactly what they’re looking for.

Bridal-Focused Education

Did you know that only 20 percent of stylists like doing weddings? When asked, the other 80% said it was because of a lack of education. So, set your team up for success with the tools and support they need to pull off some stunning bridal looks!

Know Your Bride

You should know exactly who your ideal bride is. Is she low maintenance and natural? Or is she full-glam and high end? Whoever she is, make sure you know where she is shopping around for services so she can find you. This will also help you target your ideal bride by posting appealing looks on your website and social pages.

Special Trial Experiences

Make a point to create a memorable trial experience. Nothing makes a client feel more special than knowing someone cares. So, pop some champagne, have a “Reserved for the future Mrs. Jones” sign, and set up a nice space for her mom or other guests to watch—they want to be a part of the action too!

Network, Network, Network

It’s all about who you know! Network with other wedding vendors and venues. If there are any venues near your salon, see if you can be added to their preferred vendor list. Connect with local photographers to do some free hair for styled shoots. If they like your work, they’ll send you a ton of business. Plus, the shoot could even get published, exposing your work to more possible clients.

 

Feature image: Wedlocks Bridal Hair & Makeup, Yellow Paddle Photography

You Might Also Like

Don't Miss Out

Be the first to get exclusive content, the latest news and more!