With competition knocking at your salon’s door and shoppers seeking quality and convenience, now is the time to provide your clients with reward programs that work.
Providing added value, savings, and exclusive offers creates excitement and keeps your clients coming back. Offering something unique and special to your customers will create a point of difference for your business compared to the competition.
Your program should depend on who and what you are targeting. The “who” will always be your target demographic. The “what” may change from season to season, depending on your business goals. The possibilities are endless: new clients, more color guests, pre-bookings, retail sales, etc.
The Do’s and Don’ts
- Tailor your rewards towards your target demographic. Ask yourself what’s important to them and what motivates them.
- Keep it simple. Focus on your top three needs (i.e. referrals, retail sales, color clients). Establish what they are and create rewards to support them.
- Consistency is huge! Don’t start and stop programs—you’ll lose the trust and interest of both your clients and staff.
- Make sure everyone is on the same page and committed to offering the program. Educate your staff on all details before rolling out, as well as when any changes are made.
- Have something for every client, whether they visit twice a year or twice a month. Leaving clients out will make them feel unappreciated and devalued.
- Promote your program consistently. Outline the details on your website, post about it on Facebook and Instagram, and create signage for the salon.
- 3 R’s – Refer, Receive, Reward: For every new guest a client refers, they receive a reward to use towards a future service.
- Color Complete Club: Members will receive their 10th ChromaTech Service free, as well as special offers on Color Complete retail products.
- Prebook Reward: Book your next 2 services in advance, receive a reward.
- Moroccanoil Retail Rewards: Purchase 3 products, receive a deluxe gift. Purchase 5 products, receive 1 free.
Have fun, be creative, and never stop reinventing yourself!