Retail is becoming more and more competitive. Today, the consumer is king! As consumers, how we shop and where we shop has changed drastically. There really are no limitations to what we can access! Because of this, we are empowered more than ever before to make informed and confident decisions.
All businesses, small or large, are dependent on client satisfaction and a series of bad reviews can cripple a business and stunt its growth. HubSpot research recently published a study showing that 85% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
As we know, “hoping” our customers will leave a glowing review is probably not the best business strategy! It is essential to create different opportunities for your customers to leave reviews.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Create a call out to make sure it’s easy for them to leave reviews on your website.
- Set up website badges to quickly and easily direct visitors to your Yelp, Facebook, and Instagram pages to read and leave reviews.
- Your time is valuable, and so is your customers’, so make sure you’re giving customers a reason to leave a review.
- Offer incentives to make your customers want to write a review, such as an add-on service voucher, contest entry, samples, etc.
- Make sure you’re soliciting customer reviews at the right moment in their customer experience journey to get optimal results.
- Using a social media station in the salon will inspire your client to post her picture, and likely leave a positive comment.
- Follow up with your clients about products they purchased and ask them to leave a review about the results.
Reviews have become one of the most trustworthy and credible sources of advertising out there. Making this a priority in your marketing strategy is essential to attract new customers and promote your business as a true beauty destination.