We can all admit that 2020 has been an incredibly difficult year for our industry, so taking full advantage of the season is essential. It is not too late to create a few actionable that will bring maximum profitability.
In fact, recent research shows that:
To make sure you cover all your bases, break it down into categories:
If you have not created unique offerings for the holiday season, it is not too late!
Create a small menu of quick holiday looks.
Perhaps set up a walk-in “Holiday station” where clients can add on a little something special after their blow out or color: top knot, braid, glam waves, loose chignon, etc…
- Promote and offer express mask services with a holiday theme
- Special holiday themed mani- pedis
- Create a promotion to include a complementary add-on mask treatment to consumers purchasing a gift card over $75-$100! This is a great way to promote gift cards and introduce a client to a new service.
What promotions do you want to feature?
Have you created a feature table with giftables perhaps by theme or price point?
Are you driving retail by offering GWPs?
A few ideas:
- Create a “12 days of Christmas” campaign where you offer a different promotion for the 12 days leading up to Christmas!
- Create Holiday-themed kits :
- A Zoom Holiday Party Kit (Dry Texture Spray, A Holiday Accessory & Hairspray)
- Cozy Holiday Kit (Hair Mask, Hand Cream, Shower Gel)
- Stocking Stuffer Kit (Samples of your best-selling products)
- Make sure that your window showcases your retail offerings
Ensure your online presence reflects what you have going on in your salon!
- Update your online platforms to promote any of your retail or service offerings
- Map out your holiday content for your social channels. Think:
- Get creative and post show-and-sell videos on your platforms!
- Engage your clients by doing weekly online raffles
- Create a Holiday photo booth in your salon! This will create a fun atmosphere for your team and clients (and great photos to post)
This holiday season, the gift of giving is going to be more memorable. Make sure to be a part of the memory!