As we head into December, every salon and stylist is focused on maximizing their retail opportunities.
Did you know that the average consumer is expected to spend $1,226 during this holiday shopping season?
In addition, disposable income is very healthy, with 80% of consumers reporting that their household financial situation is the same or better than last year. This number was only 63% five years ago!*
So how can you get a piece of the holiday pie?
A window that screams “great beauty buys,” feature tables that draw guests in with the perfect holiday solutions, and of course, a motivated and inspired team to drive retail purchases.
These all seem obvious, yet every year many salons do not meet their retail sales goals.
Is it because they are competing with online vendors and large beauty retailers, or is it simply because they are not enticing their guests and teams?
How much energy have you dedicated to making this season the best one ever?
It’s not too late to make a plan!
Here are a few questions you might want to ask yourself:
Are you drawing in potential customers?
- Windows showcase the holiday season and best buys
- Feature tables are shoppable and solution-driven
- Best-selling products and brands are strategically placed
What’s in it for them?
- Gift wrapping or box sets
- Special experience/service packages
How are you promoting retail to your guests and team?
- Email blasts with special buys
- Call-outs on social media, in the salon and in windows
- Posting favorite products and holiday solutions
Most importantly, get your team on board with quick, easy incentives!
Instant gratification works best, so 1-or 2-day cash incentives will go a long way on your busiest days!
*Deloitte Holiday Retail Survey