The holidays, and winter in general, trigger a variety of emotions in all of us. The Winter Solstice signifies the death and rebirth of the sun, with our days gradually getting shorter until we hit the longest night of the year on December 21st.
Winter is also a great time to experiment with different hairstyles! Holiday parties, New Year’s Eve, and an overall lack of humidity make this the perfect moment to embrace end-of-year changes and start anew! ‘Tis the season to take risks or have some extra fun with hair accessories and accents. Make sure you have plenty of hairpieces, beads, pearls, and sparkly hair accessories available for purchase.
Keep reading for step-by-step looks and holiday hair inspo!
The Braided Knot
1. Create loose curls using your favorite technique.
2. Secure a half ponytail using an elastic, then create a three strand braid.
3. Blouse the braid for added volume and texture.
4. Wrap the braid in a circle and secure with bobby pins.
Hot Crossed Buns
1. Create two buns with plenty of loose ends.
2. Pull one bun through the hole in the center of the other and pin in place.
3. Wrap and tuck the loose ends.
4. Secure with bobby pins.
Holiday Hair Mood Board