It’s the start of a brand new year, which means many of us are thinking about our resolutions for 2019. Since the salon business is so multi-faceted, it can be tricky to zero in on specific, achievable goals.
They key is to start simple. Think about your business as a whole. What will have the biggest impact on you, your staff, and your clients?
Choose between 1 and 5 goals and write them down, along with a few ways to measure your success. When choosing your goals, always think about the “why” behind them. Why is achieving this goal important to your business? What will be the overall effect if this goal is met?
We’ve created an easy exercise to help you determine your 2019 business objectives. This activity will set you up for success by creating realistic goals, rather than wishful resolutions that will be forgotten mid-March.
Don’t: Wishful Resolution
Ex: Gain 500 new Instagram followers.
Do: Achievable Goal
Ex: Increase brand exposure on Instagram.
Why: Attract new clients from our target demographic.
- Post consistently, using relevant hashtags and tags
- Create a social media contest in collaboration with another local brand
- Engage with followers in the comments section
- Number of new followers after 3 months and 6 months
- Increase in “likes” and comments after 3 months and 6 months
- Increase in new clients after 3 months and 6 months
Access the exercise here, including a variety of resolution ideas to kick-start the process!